How to set a default value in Static List work attribute (Tempo Timesheets)

bede August 21, 2017

Before we shifted over to latest TempoTimsheets versions, we used a dynamic dropdown which allowed to set a default value (item no 1) within a dropdown list.

Now, after having moved to TT v 8.3, the dynamic dropdowns are converted into Static Lists, but it's unclear how a default value can be set here. 

I couldn't find any relevant info in the TT docu.  Is this at all possible? (officially/unofficially)

Sample Case: required work attribute "Rate", having values: 'Normal' (== default); 'Overtime'; 'Sunday'

I'd like to avoid having to workaround this problem by removing the "Normal" value & make it an optional field. 

4 answers

1 vote
bede October 31, 2018

FYI, we ended up implementing a queuing system in order to auto-complete empty fields with default values. Each time a time entry is added/edited, it's pushed into the queue & processed async. 
It's quite an extensive workaround but it made sense for us since we wanted to have some additional automatic validation done on logged time before processing towards billing.

Sad to say, but I honestly would not count on Tempo to provide any solution in this respect.
Their focus seems to be elsewhere. 

Deborah Falcone October 31, 2018

Thanks to share your workaround!

At the end, we set the default values of some Tempo work attributes by using JS.  

Like bede likes this
Laura January 9, 2020

Hello! Could you please explain how you finally set the default values?

Thank you!

BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Not sure if Deborah Falcone can share her sample JS script, but meanwhile, we've refactored the solution to avoid the default value: The billing interface inserts the default values for the work logs where this is missing at receive time.

Otherwise, try asking tempo support, maybe there are newer options possible today

Mucha Suerte! 

Ben

1 vote
Fred October 2, 2018

I would also like to see this.  I just implemented a very similar static list.

0 votes
Lillian Shibata-Salley October 29, 2018

Yes Please add this back!

0 votes
bede August 23, 2017

Response from TEMPO Support: 

It's no longer possible to set a default value for StaticList. 
Forwarded issue to their PO, so maybe future versions will support this again.

Sisir Kumar Senapati September 7, 2017

Can you please look this feature. This is very much need 

Deborah Falcone October 11, 2018

Any news about the feature that allows to set a default value for a Static list Work attribute?

In the Dinamyc Dropdown it is possible to set a default value?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events