How to search in profields if some field is empty or null?

amandavarella November 6, 2015

Hi,

I´m trying to find if any of my projects have some empty profields value. I´ve tried many queries, but without success

project in profieldsOperator("Número do Contrato", "IS", "EMPTY")
project in profieldsOperator("Número do Contrato", "IS", "NULL")
project in profieldsOperator("Número do Contrato", "=", "null")
project in profieldsOperator("Número do Contrato", "=", "")

None of these is working.

What should I do?

Thank you

4 answers

2 votes
carlos.fernandez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

Hi,
"Profields" does not support empty argument in the profieldsOperator.
Which version of Profields are you using?
Probably you can mark the Profields field as a custom field and the you can use the standard jql to search the issues.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

profieldsOperator is an obsolete function and probably it will be removed in next versions.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2015

Carlos, thank you for answer, it works for me.

Could you specify, is it a good practice to make all profields as custom fields and is here any dissadavantages for making profield as custom field. 

carlos.fernandez
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2015

We recommend that only set the Profields that you need to use at issue level. The Profields fields that you mark as custom field should be synchronized with the issue custom field each time it is changed.

0 votes
amandavarella November 10, 2015

Nicolas, see this screen, I have configured too fields in profields

profields.png

Now, look at the results of my queries

profields3.pngprofields1.pngprofields2.png

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2015

The documentation says the IS operator is supported, so your first example should be the correct one.

When you say "without success", what exactly do you mean? You get an error? You get incorrect results? You get 0 results?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2015

When I use project in profieldsOperator("Some field", "IS", "Empty") I get 0 results. I have tried different variants for 3th parametr: EMPTY.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events