How to run a report for total hours logged on a project since it's inception?

Jeff Barrett August 1, 2017

How can I run a report that consolidates all of the hours logged by members of my organization on a given project?  Basically, we are looking to see the total number of hours allocated to each project in our system, on a project by project basis.  Can this be done on a higher level so all of the hours to all of the projects can be calculated simultaneously, rather than individually?

Due to the size of the projects, generating a timesheet and setting the start date to the beginning of the project and setting the end date to today is not possible.  The report runs for hours and sometimes crashes.

Is it possible to run a report that calculates all of the hours allocated to each project at once?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2017

Hey Jeff,

If you click on Issues -> Search for Issues and don't input anything you'll get a list of everything associated with your JIRA instance.  

From there click on the Download/Export button and at the bottom there is the option to "Create Dashboard Gadget".  

Select the "Workload Pie Chart" at the bottom, then click on the little gear on the bottom right corner and select Edit.

For Statistic Type select "Project" and for Time Field to Report on select "Time Spent".

This should give you a view of what you're looking for!

Tyler

Jeff Barrett August 29, 2017

That's perfect!  Thank you Tyler!

Jeff Barrett December 6, 2017

Hello @Tyler Brown, do you know if it is possible to sort this report by date?  What you've showed me how to do solves the problem for lifetime reporting, but I'm curious as to how to get annual or monthly pie charts.  

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events