How to retrieve Test Session activity entries via REST API?

Dan Behman September 25, 2017

I am able to parse the Notes out of calls to the "sessions" APIs, but these do not include the activity entries that show up when viewing the Test Session in a web browser. I want to be able to programmatically retrieve when attachments are added, when the session is started, paused and stopped, etc.

Does anyone have any tips or hints for how to do this? Maybe the data gets returned through a different API and JIRA just puts it together when rendering the page.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

1 answer

0 votes
Alan Parkinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2017

Using chrome developer tools I can't see any other REST APIs for exposing the activities.

If you are one JIRA Server you could create your own plugin to access Captures internal APIs expose them, but as they are private (JIRA Capture doesn't have a public API)  it will be vulnerable to Atlassian making internal changes.

As an alternative, we've created our own SBTM (Session-based Test Mangement) features within Behave Pro as an alternative to JIRA Capture. All the session data is available via a stable and versioned REST API. The only snag is you would have to use Chrome's developer tool to explore the API as we haven't published the documentation yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events