How to print a page holding a large gliffy drawing?

Hans-Peter Geier May 28, 2013

How can I print a page which holds a gliffy drawing which does not fit to Letter (or A4) paper?

When I try to print, the drawing is cut off , so only a portion of the diagram makes it to paper.

Even when I change the printer settings (landscape, A or A3 paper, etc), the gliffy diagram is still cut off at the place where a portrait 100% print to letter paper would end.

I also tried to change the scaling in the printer driver, but no change. Printout becomes smaller but the same part of the drawing is missing.

6 answers

1 vote
Dan Stoian June 15, 2018

2018 called and it is still impossible to (properly) print a gliffy diagram!

Claire Martinez October 3, 2019

2019 still waiting for them to pick up the call

0 votes
James Blackwell January 10, 2017

Yes, I believe we all work predominantly electronically these days.  =)     

Being able to print out the occasional UML diagram makes for a valuable use  when developing – especially when working with complicated sql schemas.

0 votes
Hans-Peter Geier January 8, 2017

Hi James,

this is still an open question. We don't have any work-around.

I guess we are not printing our documentation very often, though, but work online.

regards,

Hans-Peter

0 votes
James Blackwell January 6, 2017

This answer, despite being  2 1/2 years old, still seems true.  Please tell me you've fixed this since?

0 votes
KatyK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

Hi aharshba,

Unfortunately there has not been a direct print function in Gliffy for Confluence since v5. We have an active feature request for this here: http://support.gliffy.com/entries/21578430-No-PRINT-function-from-the-editor-since-Gliffy-v5

You can print the diagram from the Confluence page, but unfortunately Gliffy does not control the print capabilities on the page itself. You may want to reach out to support.atlassian.comfor assistance on getting a Confluence page printed.

You can export a Gliffy diagram from the File menu, and the SVG option will give you the highest scalable quality currently.

If you have further questions about the Gliffy diagram, please email support@gliffy.com

Thanks!

Gliffy Support

0 votes
Deleted user July 22, 2014

I too would like to know. We are runing into the same problem. It kind of defeats the purpose of using gliffy in confluence if you can't print it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events