How to notify JIRA helpdesk customers when they don't have permission to send requests by email ?

Alain Mazy December 27, 2017

I have configured a JIRA helpdesk such that only registered users can create issue (via the portal or via email).

At 12:36, a registered user has sent an email and everything works fine (the issue was created).

Right after that, after I have removed access to that users.
He sent another email at 12:37.  No issues were created (that's fine).  But, the user does not receive any notification to tell him he does not have access to the support anymore.

Any idea how I can notify the user by email that he does not have access to the service desk ?

Capture.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2017

Hi Alain, 

We've stumbled upon the same issue and couldn't find an out-of-the-box solution for this.

In the end we've written a small plugin, that checks all incoming email addresses for a given project against the customers that have been added to that project. If no match is found, then a notification is sent to that email, saying that they are not authorized to raise support requests.

Alain Mazy December 28, 2017

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your comment.  Any chance you could share this plugin code with us ?  (We have never developed a plugin for Jira so we'll probably need quite some time for such an "easy" task)

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

Hi Alain,

As much as I'd love to help a fellow community member, sadly I'm not at the liberty to divulge our source code.  My intention was to highlight a path for a possible solution. Hope you understand.

Alain Mazy December 29, 2017

sure I understand, no problem.

Thanks again for your help

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi Alain,

This is possible with an add-on such as Email This Issue.  Take a look at the Community post titled User not receiving email notifications for more suggestions.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events