How to modify the source code of jira importers plugin?

Hi,

How to modify the "PvcsComment.java" file in the jira importers plugin. I visited Atlassian market place also. The plugin is available but source code is not available.

Here i need to modify this file for the CSV comments importing. Here i am giving the comment in the format "QA Note on Close: eddie: 4/28/2004 11:54:35 AM: Closing this defect as it is no longer relevant"

Here the problem is issue's is commented with all the given format data as it is like "QA Note on Close: eddie: 4/28/2004 11:54:35 AM: Closing this defect as it is no longer relevant"

We need to put the comment "Closing this defect as it is no longer relevant" only.

Please see about CSV comment: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/How+to+Import+CSV+Data+with+PVCS+Command

So i need to resolve this. Please help me.

thanks,

Patina

5 answers

1 accepted

Hi Patina,

You can download the source code for JIRA by going to https://my.atlassian.com if you have a commercial license. Then, login using the technical account, and expand the license for your JIRA. You should nowbe able to view the Download Source link. Once you have downloaded the source code, you can view the source of Jira Importer Plugin from the directory jira-importers-plugin.

Cheers

I have the source of JIRA 5.2.11, but can't find any jira-importers-plugin directory. is it normal? where could i find the jira-importers-plugin sources?

Thank you

Hi Immanuel,

Thanks you for your support. I found the jira-importers-plugin source code in JIRA 5.07. But i have the JIRA 5.2.10 source code also. where i can find the jira-importers-plugin source code in this JIRA 5.2.10.

Thanks& Regards,

Patina

Hi, Nic
I can find the jira-importers-plugin sources.
Thanks!

I also can`t find the jira-importers-plugin sources.
Where is it?

0 votes

Yousef, Ryosuke, it's in exactly the place you'd expect.

Download the Jira source code as Immanuel says. It's a .zip file. Unzip it. Go into the directory it creates. You will find a sub-directory called "jira-importers-plugin"

Hi,

I have the jira source code(Zip file). But i am not able to find the "jira-importers-plugin" directory.

Please tell me the exact path to get this code.

Thanks,

Rambabu, I HAVE given you the exact path. There is a directory, as I named, under the root of the expanded zip.

You've missed it, or you are looking in the wrong place, or you have downloaded the wrong file.

Hi Brough,

I have downloaded the jira war file from the http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download-archives.

and version is 5.2.10 WAR (ZIP Archive)

And extracted it..

Thanks you for quick response...

Argh.

Please read the answer Immanuel gave (in other words, download the right file)

I just downloaded the JIRA 6.4 source in tgz format, and can't find the source for the importers plugin. Using this thread I looked for the jira-importers-plugin and am unable to find it. Has the location of the source for the importers plugin changed?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,248 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you