How to modify the source code of jira importers plugin?

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

Hi,

How to modify the "PvcsComment.java" file in the jira importers plugin. I visited Atlassian market place also. The plugin is available but source code is not available.

Here i need to modify this file for the CSV comments importing. Here i am giving the comment in the format "QA Note on Close: eddie: 4/28/2004 11:54:35 AM: Closing this defect as it is no longer relevant"

Here the problem is issue's is commented with all the given format data as it is like "QA Note on Close: eddie: 4/28/2004 11:54:35 AM: Closing this defect as it is no longer relevant"

We need to put the comment "Closing this defect as it is no longer relevant" only.

Please see about CSV comment: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/How+to+Import+CSV+Data+with+PVCS+Command

So i need to resolve this. Please help me.

thanks,

Patina

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Immanuel Siagian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2013

Hi Patina,

You can download the source code for JIRA by going to https://my.atlassian.com if you have a commercial license. Then, login using the technical account, and expand the license for your JIRA. You should nowbe able to view the Download Source link. Once you have downloaded the source code, you can view the source of Jira Importer Plugin from the directory jira-importers-plugin.

Cheers

Yousef Hammouda May 29, 2013

I have the source of JIRA 5.2.11, but can't find any jira-importers-plugin directory. is it normal? where could i find the jira-importers-plugin sources?

Thank you

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2013

Hi Immanuel,

Thanks you for your support. I found the jira-importers-plugin source code in JIRA 5.07. But i have the JIRA 5.2.10 source code also. where i can find the jira-importers-plugin source code in this JIRA 5.2.10.

Thanks& Regards,

Patina

1 vote
Ricksoft June 16, 2013

Hi, Nic
I can find the jira-importers-plugin sources.
Thanks!

0 votes
Julien Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2019

To get the source code of the JIRA importer plugin:

• you need to first download the code for JIRA by going to https://my.atlassian.com if you have a commercial license.
  • Once you downloaded the code, the unzipped folder should include a file in: /dependancySources/jira-importers-plugin-<VERSION>-sources.jar. This JAR file contains the uncompiled source code of the importer.
0 votes
Lori Cho May 13, 2015

I just downloaded the JIRA 6.4 source in tgz format, and can't find the source for the importers plugin. Using this thread I looked for the jira-importers-plugin and am unable to find it. Has the location of the source for the importers plugin changed?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2013

Yousef, Ryosuke, it's in exactly the place you'd expect.

Download the Jira source code as Immanuel says. It's a .zip file. Unzip it. Go into the directory it creates. You will find a sub-directory called "jira-importers-plugin"

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2013

Hi,

I have the jira source code(Zip file). But i am not able to find the "jira-importers-plugin" directory.

Please tell me the exact path to get this code.

Thanks,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2013

Rambabu, I HAVE given you the exact path. There is a directory, as I named, under the root of the expanded zip.

You've missed it, or you are looking in the wrong place, or you have downloaded the wrong file.

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2013

Hi Brough,

I have downloaded the jira war file from the http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download-archives.

and version is 5.2.10 WAR (ZIP Archive)

And extracted it..

Thanks you for quick response...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2013

Argh.

Please read the answer Immanuel gave (in other words, download the right file)

0 votes
熊井 亮輔 June 9, 2013

I also can`t find the jira-importers-plugin sources.
Where is it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events