How-to make comments internal on certain incoming emails

Triinu Karming August 18, 2017

Hello,

I want to add a listener to my service desk project, when comment is added to issue (by email response). If email is from a user who is not reporter or in issue participants, then issue comment must be set to "Internal".

How can I achieve this?

Thank you in front.

Triinu

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2017

Hello Triinu.

A lot of people have asked stuff like this before. I don't think you can listen to that specific transition(email that turns into a comment). However, I think that if you listen to normal comments, it could work. 

You need to use a listener for an event that is "onIssueCommented" I believe. Then you need to see if the comment author matches your request participants, and if he doesn't apply the next code: 

You can see here how to make a comment public if it's internal, and you can use that very same code to switch it around and make public comments internal. 

If I didn't explain myself well enough, tell meand I'll try to help you further.

Cheers

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events