How to make a text Custom field mandatory or optional based on the value we select from drop down?

Dinesh Loyapalli April 17, 2018

I have a drop down custom field X and Text Custom field Y in create screen of EPIC.

Lets say Drop down custom filed has values A and B.Now if we select A ,Text filed should be made mandatory and when we select B it should be made optional.

We have recently started using Script runner.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

2 answers

1 vote
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

Hi Dinesh,

If you are considering using an add-on which does not require any coding, you can use Dynamic Forms for Jira. It is quite easy to configure what you want and the documentation is well written : Here is a link to a step by step guide.

keep me posted if you need some help with this add-on. 

cheers

Dinesh Loyapalli April 18, 2018

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for your response.But as i said , we are using Script runner.Can this be achieved using Script Runner?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2018

Yes, ScriptRunner gives you two simple options (actually, it gives you a lot more, but these are by far the better ways to do it, unless you have some odd additional needs we don't know)

1.  Create a Behaviour which flips the mandatory/optional flag based on the current content of another field.  See https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html

2.  Create a Validator which can check that a user has filled the mandatory field when the other field is set.  See https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/workflow/validators.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events