How to link ALM synchronizer to Jira Cloud bypassing SSO authentication

Ben Schipper March 6, 2018

We use GSuite as a third party SSO authentication for users to access our Atlassian cloud instance.  We are trying to create a link between our onprem HPQC and Jira cloud using ALM synchronizer.  My understanding is that ALM sync can not use an external authentication system, so I have created an Atlassian User and tried to use these Atlassian credentials to establish this connection without any luck.  

Has anyone been able to establish the link between HPQC and Jira cloud using ALM synchronizer?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Suren Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hi, Ben.

It's possible to bypass the Google authentication for a user if this user is not under the domain you have verified in your Google Account.

Creating a user with a different domain will make it not part of your domain and, consequently, not using your Google Integration. It will be using Atlassian Account.

Shibin Shaji George July 31, 2018

hi Suren,

i am also trying to do the same thing and facing the same issue. email is is given as an input to login to atlassian which the alm synchronizer is not accepting.

can you explain a bit on how this process can be bypassed?

0 votes
Shibin Shaji George July 31, 2018

hi Ben,

how were you able to tackle this issue? is there any workaround that can be applied to get the sync working?

Victor Grant December 3, 2019

Go to the following link and create a token. Copy the token and place it in the sync where your password would be for JIRA. It should work then. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events