How to install add-on/plugin with a script in Jira 6.

I am wondering if it is still possible to install a custom plugin in Jira (in our case, Jira RPC plugin) using a script in Linux. In Jira 4 it was simple: just drop the jar into the lib directory. In Jira 6, it seems, it can only be done using the plugin management GUI. Which gives you an extra manual step to perform if you want to deploy Jira unattended, like we do all the time. Does anyone know a way ?

Thanks & regards,

Paul.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Paul,

When jira is not running

• If you are installing a 'Version 2' (OSGi) plugin, copy the jar into your JIRA home directory under plugins/installed-plugins/.

you can even a do plugin update from a remote place

scp user@from:/path/version/plugin/*.jar ${JIRA_ROOTPATH}/JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins

If jira is running you can also upload the plugin with cli from the atlassian sdk

Best regards,

Hi Trey, your first suggestion actually worked ! Excellent, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks !

b.t.w. it was a version 2 plugin.

Timothy Chin Community Champion Aug 21, 2013

You could always do a POST to the resource if you need to. Though, I don't have that URL for you.

Hi Timothy, thanks for your answer. I thought of this myself but the drawback of this solution is that Jira must be up & running. Not a disaster, but if you can think of another way ...

Timothy Chin Community Champion Aug 25, 2013

There's no other way.

OK, that's clear enough ;-). Time to do some sniffing then.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

425 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you