How to increase font size in LaTeXMath plugin?

MaxB January 20, 2013

How to increase font size in LaTeXMath plugin?

8 answers

0 votes
Jason Boileau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

Assuming you want to increase the font sizes globally, I recommend applying one of the following changes to the LaTeX header in the LaTeX Math settings.

1. Change

\documentclass{article}

to

\documentclass[12pt]{extarticle}

This will require the extsizes package, will will be installed automatically if using MiKTeX with the right options. Otherwise it will need to be installed manually (run "apt-get install texlive-latex-recommended" in ubuntu).

2. Add \fontsize{12}{14} to the end of the LaTeX header.

0 votes
Jason Boileau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2014

Are you certain that texlive is installed on the server and that LaTeX Math is set up to use the "external renderer" ? If so, try ignoring the error that occurs when you save the configuration and see if things work anyways. Otherwise please let me know what error occurs when the macro fails to render.

0 votes
Brendan Florez January 4, 2014

Great, I ran it and added \usepackage{anyfontsize} to configuration header. However, it didn't work and when I saved the configuration, I got this error: The dvipng executable could not be found at the path given.

0 votes
Jason Boileau
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2014

No problem and Happy New Year to you too.

Installing the package depends on your linux distribution and latex distribution. If you are using Ubuntu and TexLive, then you can run the following: "apt-get install texlive-latex-extra". Using (or activating) the package is done with the usepackage command. Does that clear things up? You could try using the the package first and see if that works, it may already be installed on your machine.

0 votes
Brendan Florez January 1, 2014

Thanks @TenSixTwofor the quick response and happy New Year. To clarify, I'm not using LaTeX on my windows machine at all, and my Confluence instance is being hosted by CloudShards.net(I believe on a linux instance; not sure if it's Ubuntu). May I infer from your answer that I need to install an external renderer on the server, but that IF I do that, then just adding \usepackage{anyfontsize} to the header will automatically install it and then I can move forward?

Thank you.

0 votes
Jason Boileau
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2013

To use a package you should just add \usepackage{anyfontsize} to the latex header (just after the other usepackage entries). The package will install automatically if you are using MiKTeX in Windows and the install automatically option is enabled as described here.

0 votes
Brendan Florez December 30, 2013

To follow up on this, I would like to increase the font size globally. I have already modified the LaTeX header in the configuration to be

\documentclass[12pt, fleqn]{article}

but this still renders too small. My understanding is that, in 'normal' LaTeX, I would need to install the 'anyfontsize' package. Is there I can make the size bigger when in embedded in Confluence?

Thanks!

0 votes
TenSixTwo April 28, 2013

Globally, or just for one macro? Are you using the external renderer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events