How to import customfield checklist in EazyBI plugin

Abel Hutagalung October 22, 2015

Hi,

Im a beginner. I have problem in importing to create dimension and measurement of customfield cheklist from addon Checklist (Okapya). The customfield is not listed in EazyBI import option. How to work around this?

I also have tried in advance setting of EazyBI with this:

[jira.customfield_10020]

data_type = "string"

dimension = true

measure = true

javascript_code = '''

issue.fields.customfield_10020 = issue.fields.customfield_10020.replace("[0-1-M]","");

'''

But it produce error while import. The error is: "can't convert nil into array"

Thanks.

Notes:

Currently using Okapya 2.1.1 version.

3 answers

1 vote
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2015

Hi Abel,

You are all on the right track - eazyBI does not support import of custom field that returns an array. The best solution is to use the JIRA Misc custom field and get the checklist values as a string for issue. What does your JIRA Misc custom field return now? Is it a string / a comma separated string with all checked values?

When adding the new JIRA Misc field import to eazyBI it is no longer necessary to add the javascript. The settings for the new JIRA Misc field import should be as follows 

[jira.customfield_NNNNN]
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
multiple_values = true
split_by = ","

where NNNNN is the ID of the JIRA Misc calculated custom field. Note that I have stated that an issue can have several values in the customfield and these values are split by comma.

Let me know more details of what the JIRA Misc field returns for each of the issues if you would need further assistance with this!

Kind regards,
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

Vishal Srivastava August 8, 2018

Hi Lauma,

Please let me know how to import custom field of type Date Picker as dimension in EazyBi.

I am using 

[jira.customfield_24075]
dimension = true
data_type = "date"

Capture.JPG

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2018

Hi @Vishal Srivastava!

Date Picker type custom fields are by default available for import in source data custom field import screen. If you select to import the custom date field as a measure, you will get among other a custom measure 'Issues with custom field' that will show the count of issues with that date on Time dimension. See more details in the eazyBI documentation.

Let me know more details of the report you are trying to build if this is not what you were looking for when importing custom date mapped to dimension.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Vishal Kumar Srivastava August 8, 2018

Hi @Lauma Cīrule!

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Vishal

0 votes
Abel Hutagalung October 25, 2015

Thanks for your response.

I tried with non array of customfield, such as JIRA Misc Custom Fields (version 1.6.1), and tried configure in advance setting of EazyBI the same way (using javascript_code). But it produce error:

Execution of custom JavaScript code raised the following error: TypeError: Cannot call method "replace" of undefined

Is javascript_code accept javascript web programming? Or which programming language is accepted?

Thanks.

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 25, 2015

Sorry, the EasyBI developer should be able to answer that. I am only the Checklist developer.

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 23, 2015

As Checklist goes, the customfield is an array of ChecklistItem and not String. So unless the developer of EazyBI transform the string into a ChecklistItem via getSingularObjetFromString, the import will surely fail.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events