How to get rank number not using REST?

Administrator September 12, 2017

How do you get an issues rank number using the SDK? I've seen REST examples just need something like:

issue.getRank();

Also is it possible to get the rank number from change history?

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

Hi Justin,

I think what you are looking for here is known as the JAVA API.   This is not the same as the REST API, but it can provide you a programmatic framework to work with Jira.

You can find more on this at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis

You will note that there are published and updated JAVA API specs for Jira Core and Jira Service Desk.  However at the moment, we do not appear to have an updated JAVA API document for the Jira Software versions, which stated with Jira 7.   Jira Software is the component that handles aspects like lexoranking.

There is an open bug ticket to update this documentation at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-15321

There are older Jira Agile JAVA API listed there, and those might be closely related to the current versions, but I cannot guarantee that the documentation for all aspects there are still applicable to the Jira Software versions.

Joel February 27, 2019

fast forward 2 years... where are we with this?

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2017

Hi Justin,

It appears this is the way to get the rank information programatically now in new versions of JIRA.  Take a look at the Communities post  Changing rank through the API.

The Bob Swift CLI may be of assistance and you may be able to integrate that into what you're trying to do.

Cheers,

Branden

Administrator September 15, 2017

Brandon, thanks for the reply but I can't see how to do this using code. I am trying to write a plugin without using the REST API.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events