How to enable survey summary?

Oleksiy Brushkovskyy September 16, 2013

Confluence 5.1.5, Survey Plugin 1.2.12 and 2.0.0:

Survey macro don't show the summary in any combination of parameters and survey status.

Survey plugin version 1.1.8.8 was showing summary in Confluence 4.2.8

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

thanks for the screenshots and the explanations, they helped me to find out that the changes in 1.2.12 (thought improvement of the showSummary default behaviour) were better (actually they are), but on checkboxes default values are not passed to the macro, but i was expecting that.

I tested it primarily with existing macros where the flag still was passed...

This is actually a bug in 1.2.12 and 2.0.0 and 2.0.1. All other versions will not be affected. I will fix it of course sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit:

Earn more karma to write answers. I agree its not a forum, but not able to answer doesnt help either :/

The answer is: Its a bug, thanks for reporting it. It can be tracked in this plugins issuetracker! Or something like that.

But to be more productive:

I released a new version 2.1.0. It has quite more than just the simple default checkbox fix for the summary parameters. Please feel free to test it, additionally it has lowered confluence requirements (4.1), more validation checks for same macros on the same page.

Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

interesting, when i tagged and tested the latest version 2.0.0 i created a screenshot and there the summary shows up.

Could you post some screenshots or something i could reproduce the behaviour?, see e.g. https://dq1dnt4af4eyy.cloudfront.net/files/com.nearinfinity.confluence.survey-plugin/screenshots/8d4f22b7-e61a-4b24-ac21-783dae915edf.png which ist the second screenshot in the marketplace gallery of this version (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.nearinfinity.confluence.survey-plugin)

Oleksiy Brushkovskyy September 16, 2013

Once I open "Survey Plugin Administration", I get the following system error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:313)

caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.sal.api.user.UserManager.getRemoteUser()Lcom/atlassian/sal/api/user/UserProfile;
    at org.hivesoft.confluence.admin.AdminServlet.doGet(AdminServlet.java:29)

We use Crowd 2.6.4 as remote user directory and UPM 2.3.13

0 votes
Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2013

I released a new version of the Plugin (2.0.1) where the API requirement is for Confluence 5.0. I tested it successfully with Confluence 5.1.4.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 votes
Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2013

Hy Oleksiy, agreed i used the latest sal library 2.10 which is not even in the matrix here: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/SAL+Version+Matrix and i verified that confluence 5.1 does not support it.

I tested with confluence 5.2, i am sorry, i will decrease the requirement for SAL to be compatible with at least 5.0.

Nonetheless if you would be that kind, you still miss the answer for the summary, could you give me a sample for that? The Survey Administration section may be only compatible with Confluence 5.2 but the regular usage of the plugin should not be teared down.

Oleksiy Brushkovskyy September 17, 2013

Here are screenshots of survey macro creation and usage:

http://i.piccy.info/i7/e6fa3cbb46bf38aec7abb22bb3d8cc33/4-77-293/45854962/survey_bug1.png

http://i.piccy.info/i7/17ddcc8639f2aae83ae90070a5ce8b58/4-77-293/49326773/survey_bug2.png

Survey and Vote macros plugin v2.0.1

Maybe something is conflicting with it...

I gonna check it in default Confluence 5.1.5

Oleksiy Brushkovskyy September 17, 2013

Unfortunately, I could not see Survey's summary even in newly installed Confluence 5.1.5 (checked officially compatible plugin version 1.2.12). Could you please check it in Confluence 5.1.5?

0 votes
Frank Stiller
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2013

remove the %20 at the end of the link, somehow the link is not working properly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events