How to create a custom top bar menu with Scriptrunner?

Roberto Saltini March 11, 2017

Hi,

I am looking at how to have custom menu in the JIRA blue top bar with script runner and populate it with custom web-item.

I am able to create and place a web-item in the top bar using the location system.top.navigation.bar, but I haven't found a way to create a custom menu.

Roberto.

2 answers

1 vote
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

You have to do this using the "Raw XML Module" Script Fragment. There is an example in our documentation here.

Roberto Saltini March 13, 2017

Hi Adam, I followed the documentation and have been able to crate a drop-down list in the top bar. However, now that I have moved my "Run code and show a flag" web-items inside the top drop-down menu, they do not show a flag any more but show the JSON output of the REST call. As a note, these "Run code and show a flag" web-items worked fine when placed in another section like operations-top-level

adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2017

Hi Roberto, This is a known issue in our backlog. Please see here for more details about this bug: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/browse/SRJIRA-2107

0 votes
April March 13, 2017

Hey Adam,

Not sure what happened with this link, but it doesn't seem like a link to Adaptavist. If you "inspect element," you'll see what I mean.

Regards smile

adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2017

Apologies. I've updated the link in my answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events