How to create JEMH test case when mail handler only reads mail from specific folder?

Hi,

I use JEMH to create issues. The mail handler is configured to only read mails from a specific folder of the inbox (mails are moved in this folder by an Outlook rule).

Is it possible to create a JEMH test case for this scenario? How can I specify that this test mail is located in a subfolder?

Thanks

Bettina

Jira 7.1.2

JEMH 1.9.62

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hello,

Is it possible to create a JEMH test case for this scenario? How can I specify that this test mail is located in a subfolder?

Test cases do not consider how an email is retrieved and passed to a profile. They are simply pointed to a "target" profile that will be used for processing.

You will just need to set the test case to run against the profile that is being passed emails from the mail server folder in question. Check your "Mail Handlers" section in JIRA Administration>System>Incoming mail if you are unsure which profile is to be selected.

I hope this makes things clear to you. If you need more help using JEMH, please feel free to open a support request on our JIRA, or email us.

Thanks,

Mike @ The Plugin People

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

1,156 views 4 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you