How to copy a custom field value to a system field value

Stefan Niedermann May 20, 2013

I want to copy a value from a custom field value from a select list (1, 2, 3, 4) to the priority field.

The built-in-script "copy custom field values" does not support this kind of copy.

Any idea?

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hi Stefan,

You should be able to do what you want with the JIRA Command Line Interface tool. If you search for all the issues you want to change in JIRA and save to XLS you coud use JIRA CLI with the updateIssue and runFromCsv commands.

Andrew.

Stefan Niedermann May 30, 2013

would be possible, maybe...

but i'd prefer a solution, where i don't need to install another plugin. perfect would be a groovy or a jelly script.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hi Stefan,

I'm not sure how much this will be but the JIRA Misc Workflows Extensions plugin has a post-function that allows you to copy a value from one field to another, and it's a free plugin so you might be able to configure something using it. I'm not too familiar with the plugin so I can't say whether it will work in your exact use case but as the plugin is free it's probably worth a try.

All the best,
John

Stefan Niedermann May 20, 2013

red that already, problem is: i need this function only once (i want to change a custom field with a system field). if i would use the plug-in i had to configure a transition from each status to itself, trigger the status for each issue and remove the transitions.

i have very much status, so this possible, but definitly not a good option....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events