How to configure this plugin to work for me

Herbert Ncube August 23, 2012

I have created a job (task) and i have scheduled it to fire every 15 miniutes daily, automatical Nothing is firing, Am i missing anything

4 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2012

No idea, you haven't told us what you've configured, how you've installed the plugin, or what instructions you've used and where you've diverged from the examples/instructions.

1 vote
Pascal Näf August 23, 2012

I do have the same problem. So I disalbed the plugin. While enabling it I go following error:

/rest/plugins/1.0/available/com.atlassian.jira.extra.jira-ical-feed-key
After restart JIRA this error occures while enabling plugin:
The call to the JIRA server did not complete within the timeout period. We are unsure of the result of this operation
I installed it over plugin manger (download it to server and choos it in manger). The licence key is valid.
The JIRA version is 5.1 and the plugin version 2.5.
Thx
Pascal Näf September 2, 2012

Does somebody have any idea?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2012

Read the log file to see why it's timing out. It's obviously not enabling correctly, but there's no way of knowing why without reading the log

0 votes
Silvio Mummert October 17, 2012

Hi,

I got the same problem.

We are trying out Greenhopper with a valid trial license key and the visible error is the same.

Log says:

2012-10-18 09:25:01,896 QuartzWorker-0 WARN ServiceRunner com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo.service.PlanStatusUpdateServiceImpl:job [core.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory] NamingException while finding UserTransaction named java:comp/env/UserTransaction in JNDI.
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [UserTransaction] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [UserTransaction].
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:820)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:154)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:831)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:154)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:831)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:168)
at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:158)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory.getUserTransaction(JNDIFactory.java:113)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.TransactionFactory.getUserTransaction(TransactionFactory.java:93)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.TransactionUtil.getStatus(TransactionUtil.java:81)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.getConnection(SQLProcessor.java:412)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.select(GenericDAO.java:466)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericHelperDAO.findByPrimaryKey(GenericHelperDAO.java:78)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.findByPrimaryKey(GenericDelegator.java:541)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.findByPrimaryKey(GenericDelegator.java:576)
at com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.ofbiz.OFBizPropertySet.get(OFBizPropertySet.java:277)
at com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.AbstractPropertySet.getString(AbstractPropertySet.java:305)
at com.atlassian.sal.jira.scheduling.JiraPluginSchedulerService.run(JiraPluginSchedulerService.java:71)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:61)
at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.execute(ServiceRunner.java:47)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.quartz.MultiTenantThreadPool$MultiTenantRunnable.run(MultiTenantThreadPool.java:72)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
2012-10-18 09:25:01,897 QuartzWorker-0 WARN ServiceRunner com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo.service.PlanStatusUpdateServiceImpl:job [core.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory] [JNDIFactory.getUserTransaction] Failed to find UserTransaction named java:comp/env/UserTransaction in JNDI.

Jira Version ist the currently released one, I suppose it's 4.4 - Greenhopper is also the latest release.

Any Ideas what this could be?

[edit] I checked the user-permissions on the plugins and they were root:root, changed them to [jira-user]:users, same problem. Could ìt have something todo with that?

Thx in advance,

René

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

Man, we love "I have an error" questions !!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events