How to configure SSH keys for GIT version control viewer?

I am unable to configure GIT version control viewer.

I am getting the following exception in the logs

2012-09-24 19:10:38,397 QuartzWorker-1 WARN ServiceRunner GitRevisionIndexerJob [xiplink.jira.git.GitManagerImpl]

org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: git@192.168.1.21:chandu: UnknownHostKey: 192.168.1.21. RSA key fingerprint is 00:35:ce:fd:b4:63:55:4b:fb:b0:9c:49:5b:22:38:3c

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschConfigSessionFactory.getSession(JschConfigSessionFactory.java:141)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.SshTransport.getSession(SshTransport.java:121)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh$SshFetchConnection.<init>(TransportGitSsh.java:248)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.TransportGitSsh.openFetch(TransportGitSsh.java:147)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.FetchProcess.executeImp(FetchProcess.java:127)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.FetchProcess.execute(FetchProcess.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.Transport.fetch(Transport.java:1062)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.GitManagerImpl.fetch(GitManagerImpl.java:457)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer.updateIndex(RevisionIndexer.java:282)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer.access$000(RevisionIndexer.java:49)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer$1.run(RevisionIndexer.java:191)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer.runAndCollectCounters(RevisionIndexer.java:170)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexer.updateIndex(RevisionIndexer.java:200)

at com.xiplink.jira.git.revisions.RevisionIndexJob.execute(RevisionIndexJob.java:19)

at com.atlassian.sal.jira.scheduling.JiraPluginSchedulerService.run(JiraPluginSchedulerService.java:94)

at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:61)

at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.execute(ServiceRunner.java:47)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)

at com.atlassian.multitenant.quartz.MultiTenantThreadPool$MultiTenantRunnable.run(MultiTenantThreadPool.java:72)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: UnknownHostKey: 192.168.1.21. RSA key fingerprint is 00:35:ce:fd:b4:63:55:4b:fb:b0:9c:49:5b:22:38:3c

at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.checkHost(Session.java:757)

at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:321)

at org.eclipse.jgit.transport.JschConfigSessionFactory.getSession(JschConfigSessionFactory.java:116)

How can I resolve this?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

That's strange

Can you do these steps to provide me more information to solve your problem:

1. Add:

log4j.logger.com.xiplink.jira.git = DEBUG, console, file

to log4j.properties (this file is somewhere under you jira installation)

2. Restart Jira

3. Collect errors and send log file to support@bigbrassband.com

4. Also please add your Jira version, Git plugin version and OS used to run jira

Thanks

Try to do the following

1. log as user which is used to run jira
  2. cd to git repository
  3. try to run git pull origin master
  4. answer yes to the prompts appear
  5. also make sure that no password is set for ssh keys

I tried git pull origin master in my GIT repository logging in as the user used to run Jira and it worked fine.

But when I am running reindex from GIT version control viewer,I am getting the same error (Unknown HOST key error).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 25, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud Integration with Microsoft Teams

One of the newest products in the Microsoft family - Microsoft Teams,  is a chat-based hub for teamwork that integrates all the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and ...

729 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you