How to clean Sonar project for branches ?

IC Admin July 4, 2017

Hello,

We are now using this very useful SonarQube plugin for bitbucket and for Bamboo for two months.
It helps a lot to improve our code quality.
As a result we saw the number of project analyzed on Sonar rised from 20 to more than 600.
It appears that the "branches-project" on SonarQube are not deleted, is there a way or an option we missed to have theses projects deleted once the branch is not used anymore ?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Rüegg _Mibex Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2019

Hi,

Please excuse my very late response.

While Sonar for Bamboo will not delete Sonar projects, if you use this app together with Sonar for Bitbucket Server, you can configure the latter to immediately delete Sonar projects for Git branches whenever they are deleted (e.g., though a pull request merge with branch deletion).

Does that help you?

Best regards,
Michael (app vendor)

Rajini Mudrakolla January 22, 2019

Hi,

I have a trial version of sonar app in bitbucket integrated with enterprise version of sonarQube server.

After making sonar cleanup enabled in bitbucket,I deleted branch once the pull request has been merged.

But still I can see  that particular branch analisis report on sonarQube server which is unexpected.

Is it just because I am using trial version or am I doing something wrong.Please advice.Thanks.

Michael Rüegg _Mibex Software_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please create a support ticket at https://support.mibexsoftware.com for this? That would help us a lot in exchanging debug logs etc.

Best regards,
Michael

manpreet_kaur4 December 6, 2020

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue, can someone please help?

Like tudor_iftimie likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events