How to change page key in Simple Wiki?

I know the GUI says that I can't change the page key, but what if I really need to? Should I copy the page? Will the copy maintain its history? Thanks.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Borek,

from the API perspective, there is no way to change the page key.

You could try to change it via the database directly, but there will be a few repercussions. Specifically, anywhere the page is mentioned will not be updated. The rest (history, comments, permissions, ..etc) should remain intact.

As to your second question, If you copy a page, the copy will not contain any history of the original, only the page content (and tags + files if you chose).

Let me know if you have more questions, or need help. Feel free to reach out directly at support@tss.io

Cheers
Anthony 

Breaking the backlinks but still being able to change the key via GUI would be a very welcome addition. Is there a chance you'll add it?

At the moment, it's not on our roadmap. We haven't had anyone request it before you. Do you encounter this use case often?

Not often. If you just documented how to do it manually (what db table to update etc.) that would be probably enough for the time being.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

459 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you