How to bulk load JIRA items

Rob_Monroe August 23, 2017

I have project teams that need to perform specific activities for every project, regardless of their statement of work (anywhere from 5 - 30 tasks or user story's). 

Does JIRA have the ability to bulk create JIRA items as a template in the format of a flat list of Tasks or User Story's, or as child items under a Parent Epic?  I would want these list of tasks or user story's to be created automatically with appropriate titles and details, and not needing to perform manual steps to replicate for every project.  So it would be good if this template could be available as a system template for any project in JIRA or automatically accomplished when creating the project in JIRA.

What methods below are available and best suited for my needs:

1)Can this be done with JIRA out of the box?

2)Can this be done with an integration with Microsoft Excel?

3)Can this be done with a plugin, add-on for JIRA?  If so, which one would help the most?  We were considering Issue Templates for JIRA.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2017

Hi Rob,

Offhand, based on what you're trying to do you may want to look at Bob Swift's CLI or another add-on such as ScriptRunner.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events