How to automagically delete attachments of a certain size and type (i.e. an email logo) in SD?

Maya_Chase October 13, 2017

So I'm throwing this out there to see what the best suggestions would be, and as much detail as you feel like giving would be great. 

I have access to Scriptrunner, JEMH and Automation for JIRA but NOT the CLI for JIRA. 

This is for Service Desk projects - I already have a boatload of things blacklisted with JEMH for regular projects, but that won't work for Service Desk.

We have no less than 7 small files that are attached to every email, so every issue that is created via email in a SD project also has 7 small attachments, as well as every reply and so forth. I've seen upwards of 50 attachments in a single issue from this, which is ridiculous.

I need to be able to remove or prevent the attachment of *these specific attachments*, without wholesale removing all the attachments, since folks may have attachments they actually need in the issue.

2 answers

0 votes
Helder Martins January 11, 2019

Hi, I wanted to know if this was successful for someone. We have the exact same case, where our customers send us tickets via email which are automatically caught by Jira Cloud - Service Desk automation rules.

Our problem is that all signatures files (ours and our clients') are attached to each tickets, therefore a ticket which has probably 2 or 3 comments ends having around 99 attachments! Which is crazy.

We haven't acquired JEMH yet as we wanted to know if this would suffice knowing that we use Jira Cloud and Service Desk. I see the recommendation on this thread but I don't understand it works under those premises.

Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Regards.

Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2019

Hello,

The version of JEMH for Jira Cloud (JEMH Cloud) also has attachment blacklisting functionality.

For more information on JEMH Cloud, see the Marketplace listing and the official wiki.

If you have any configuration-specific enquiries please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Mike

0 votes
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

Hello Maya,

This is for Service Desk projects - I already have a boatload of things blacklisted with JEMH for regular projects, but that won't work for Service Desk.

JEMH should be able to blacklist any attachment from being added to issues via email, as long as it knows what to look for.

Information on blacklisting attachments can be found on the JEMH wiki: How Do I Use Blacklisting.

Attachments can be blacklisted via a few criteria, such file extension/name, size, MIME file type, and MD5 fingerprint. File extension/name and MD5 fingerprint are the most specific so are probably best for your scenario.

If the attachment file names are ones that will only ever want to be blacklisted, you will probably just want to blacklist by the file name as per the wiki.

MD5 fingerprint blacklisting is as specific as an attachment blacklist can get. If a recurring attachment is always exactly the same file down to the byte, then this is the type to add.

If you need more specific help, open a support ticket here along with any supporting examples: The Plugin People Support

Mike

Maya_Chase October 16, 2017

Hi Mike,

I have over 140 attachments blacklisted by size/file type, and that catches most of the signature attachments for the regular projects, but not for the Service Desk ones.

We've been using Installed version: 2.0.32, but I just updated to 2.0.36. If that doesn't help, I'll open a ticket with The Plugin People Support.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events