How to add items to "More Actions" drop down menu in JIRA 6.1?

zhenda xing October 4, 2013

I tried to add items the "More Actions" drop down menu followed the link below:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/View+Issue+Page+Locations#ViewIssuePageLocations-existingwebsections-issueoperations

It said below:

To add your own section to the 'More Actions' drop-down menu, define a web section that includes a location attribute with the value "opsbar-operations".

For example, your web section module would contain:

<web-section key="my-custom-more-actions-section" ... location="opsbar-operations" ...>
</web-section>

Adding new web items to your own sections is similar to the method above for adding new web items to existing web sections. However, specify the value of your web section's key attribute as the value of your web item's section attribute. Hence, following on from the previous example, your web item would contain:

<web-item ... section="my-custom-more-actions-section" ...>
</web-item>
But the label did not appear in the drop down list, please advice!

2 answers

0 votes
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2016

Same thing was happening to me and then I realized that the web-item section should be an Atlassian section such as operations-operations as oppose to my-custom-more-...  

This worked (I like examples smile):

<web-section key="my_links_section" name="My Links Main Section" location="opsbar-operations" weight="10"/>

<web-item key="my_links_link" name="Link on My Links Main Section" section="operations-operations" weight="47">
<label>Hot Fixes</label>
<link linkId="my_links_link">http://www.atlassian.com</link>
</web-item>

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2013

Should have worked. Any typos? Or any error in the logs?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events