How to add dynamically generated email attachments to custom emails sent by ScriptRunner?

We are trying to send out custom emails, as described here, but we want to attachments to the email that are not issue attachments! According to this section, we can add all or a subset of the issue attachments to the email, but it is not mentioned how to add "custom" attachment.

For example, is this possible to dynamically generate (in the Groovy scripts) an email attachment called "myatt.txt" containing the text "Hello world"? Does anyone have a working example?

(One workaround could be using multiple post-functions on the workflow transition, the first to generate our custom attachment and actually add that to the issue, the second to send out the email with the attachment added in the previous step, and a third one to delete this temporary attachment. But, this sounds lame, may introduce timing problem, may generate unwanted emails, etc.)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

We're currently rewriting that functionality - it is not now, but it will be possible to get hold of the Email object using a code section, where you will be able to add emails in advance of the script processing it.

It's currently being done under SRJIRA-1377. Please could we revisit this when the release containing that goes out...

Hi Jaime, please can you add my user "aplaza", like participant in this issue.

Thanks.

Adrian, I don't really understand, the issue is resolved and released, and it's a public issue anyway.

Oh my mistake, it was private, it's public now.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

176 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you