How to add custom imports to 'Create sub-task'?

Richard Lucas May 21, 2015

Hi,

I'm using the 'Create sub-task' option in this exceptional tool, but I have a problem referring to my constants 'CustomFields' class.

When this code is triggered:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import org.apache.log4j.*
import groovy.util.logging.*
import static com.ubs.sr.constants.CustomFields.*

def Logger log = Logger.getInstance(getClass())
log.level = Level.debug
log.info "Workflow - In Progress - Create QA sub-task"
CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
CustomField cfQaRequiredYN = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(CFQAREQUIREDYN)
log.info "QA Required = ${issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfQaRequiredYN)}"
issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Story' && ((issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfQaRequiredYN).toString() ?: "").equals("Yes"))

it logs these two errors in the log file:

cript4.groovy: 6: unable to resolve class com.ubs.sr.constants.CustomFields
 @ line 6, column 1.
   ^
Script4.groovy: 6: unable to resolve class com.ubs.sr.constants.CustomFields
 @ line 6, column 1.
   ^
2 errors

The answer to my earlier 'ScriptRunner Primer' question works perfectly for scripts, but the Create Sub-task 'script-lit' won't work with this.

Being able to refer to the custom fields by constants makes the deployment to another instance easier as its only a single place to update. Is this possible with the 'Create sub-task' function?

Kind regards,

Richard 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Lucas June 2, 2015

Answering my own last question: - adding '(CreateSubTask.Field_SubTask_Action) : 1' does the trick am

createSubTask.doScript([
issue : issue,
(CreateSubTask.FIELD_TARGET_ISSUE_TYPE) : constantsManager.getSubTaskIssueTypeObjects().find { it.name == ITYPE_QASUBTASK }.id.toString(),
(CreateSubTask.FIELD_SUBTASK_SUMMARY) : "New QA Sub-task - please update",
(CreateSubTask.FIELD_SUBTASK_ACTION) : 1 // Step ID for Open
])
1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

Unfortunately that doesn't work - this is https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-443. The reasons why are a bit dull, but when you point to a file it's executed by a GroovyScriptEngine, when it's an inline script it's the groovy javax.script.ScriptEngine, and the two have different capabilities. This is something I need to get to.

You can work around it by using a custom script post-function, and just calling the CreateSubTask built-in script, like this. It's not totally satisfactory but it works, and it's better than duplicating your constants around.

package ...

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.CreateSubTask
import com.ubs.Constants

// all your condition code here...
def conditionPasses = true

def constantsManager = ComponentAccessor.getConstantsManager()
if (conditionPasses) {
    def createSubTask = new CreateSubTask()
    createSubTask.doScript([
        issue                                  : issue,
        (CreateSubTask.FIELD_TARGET_ISSUE_TYPE): constantsManager.getSubTaskIssueTypeObjects().find {
            it.name == "Sub-task"
        }.id.toString(),
        (CreateSubTask.FIELD_SUBTASK_SUMMARY)  : "some summary",
    ])
}
Richard Lucas May 22, 2015

Hi Jamie Many thanks for the prompt reply. I'll implement that solution and keep the information for future reference. Cheers Richard

Richard Lucas June 1, 2015

Thanks - I was able to implement this today. But I now have a related question - which parameters do I set ask it to reopen any existing matching sub-tasks rather than create new ones?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events