How to add a story from an epic (in Issue Matrix)

frossie November 3, 2015

We love Issue Matrix for letting us show story points in the "Stories in this Epic" box. But one thing my users miss about the default JIRA linking is that the "+" sign in the box allowed you to start a story straight into the epic you were looking at.

With Issue Matrix the "Issue Links" window comes up. How are people who are using Issue Matrix getting around this? It would be nice to find some way to do in from the Epic Screen rather than have to go and file a new story and then remember which Epic you were looking at.

2 answers

2 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

Hi Frossie,

Your request is very reasonable and I've opened an issue in our issue tracker: https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/browse/ILV-41. We'll prioritize and update the issue with expected delivery date.

Thanks!
Petar Petrov, Botron Software 

0 votes
frossie November 5, 2015

Thanks! By the way I get if due to the implementation it can't be done with the actual + sign but with some other way, that would be fine.It's kinda weird that JIRA itself only seems to provide that one mechanism for doing this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events