How to add a default DoD checklist using "Automation for Jira"

david.montgomery March 25, 2019

Hello - we want to be able to add a default DoD checklist when a particular Issue Type is added to a JIRA project.

We have the Checklist add-on (https://okapya.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHKDOC/pages/270368788/Editing+a+Checklist) where we would like the automation to happen and populate with checklist items.

I understand this can be done at a workflow level with post functions but we have projects that share workflows and this is not a valid solution for us at this point.

Is it possible to use the  "Automation for Jira" add-on with the "Checklist" add-on. so that on creation of an issue a number of checklist items are added.  I am assuming I would need to use... "Edit issue" > "Additions fields"  but I am unclear on exactly what I need to do.

See the attachment below for my best guess. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

b668a51a-1e3c-498c-9625-3305b7d95fab.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Hi @david.montgomery ,

If you did want this to do this with Automation you can should follow the structure as set out at - Modifying Checklists using REST

In order to set the value you would need something like the following in the additional Fields section:

{

"update": {
    "customfield_10101": [
      {
        "set": [
          {
            "name": "Code Review",
            "checked": false,
            "mandatory": true,
            "option": true,
            "id": 10003
          },
          {
            "name": "Reviewed by Architect",
            "checked": false,
            "mandatory": true,
            "option": false,
            "id": 1,
            "status": {
              "id": "inProgress"
            }
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
}

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Nick

david.montgomery March 26, 2019

Great! Thanks very much. This was what I was after :)

Daniel Cattarius April 15, 2019

How can I sort the entries?

I found the attribute rank.

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Hi @david.montgomery 

You're in luck. You can do exactly what you want with the Checklist plugin. Down at the bottom of the "Modify Checklists" post function is a Condition block. You can base that on a variety of things including JQL such as "project = X and issuetype = Y". I have cases where there are several "modify checklists" PFs in a given workflow each with different conditions on them.

A suggestion; for a given generic checklist create an empty Checklist field custom field. Modify that one. That way you don't run the risk of borking OTHER checklists.

That will save you the dance between automation for Jira and Checklists.

david.montgomery March 26, 2019

Thank you for this. It helps :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events