How to access via JS?

Hi,

with TinyMCE we were able to access to the fieldvalue via Javascript, for example:

jQuery("#mce_1").val("My Value");

is this possible with JEditor, too?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Stefan,

It is possible:

AJS.$('.jeditor_inst') - returns an array of JEditor-enabled textareas

AJS.$('.jeditor_inst')[0].value - returns the value of the first instance in the array

AJS.$('.jeditor_inst[name="description"]').val() - returns value of the Description field

Our support team will be glad to help you with the script if you need to access JEditor via JS. You can contact us via the helpdesk or by emailing to support@jiraeditor.com

this is just reading access - how can i write some content into a jeditor instance?

Hi Stefan,

We will ship easy to use javascript API (read/write access to JEditor instances) with the next release.

I'll post the download link here as soon as we have the preview build.

sounds nice, but i need a workaround until the version will be released...

Hi Stefan,

We have shipped a preview build: http://jiraeditor.com/builds/jeditor-1.5.40.1.jar.

After installation you can use the following functions to get and set value of JEditor instance:

jeditorGetData( fieldname )

jeditorSetData( fieldName, data )

Parameter fieldName here is name of field. For the Description field fieldName would be "description", for the Comment field it would be "comment". For custom fields you need to pass "customfield_id" as fieldName instead of label. For example:

jeditorGetData("description")

jeditorSetData("comment","some text")

jeditorSetData("description","<p>some text</p>")

jeditorGetData("customfield_10000")

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

304 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you