How to Update Sum of Field on an Epic?

I was able to create automation to sum the Story Points on an epic. How do I create automation to update the sum if a story is deleted? I think I should be able to do so.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hey there Sharon,

Unfortunately you can't do aggregation functions at the moment. Please vote for this issue

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-476

Cheers,

Mark C

Hi Sharon,

Could you share how you were able to sum the Story Points on the EPIC? Thanks.

Kara

Hi Kara,

I am glad to share. This was the only tricky part -

{{issue.Story Points}}{{^issue.Story Points}}0{{/}} + {{fieldChange.fromString}}{{^fieldChange.fromString}}0{{/}} + {{fieldChange.toString}}{{^fieldChange.toString}}0{{/}}

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 4.42.28 PM.png

Hi Sharon,

I'm very new to using JIRA.  Can you tell me how you got to the screen to setup this automation to begin with?  Thanks.

Kara

Hi Kara,

This functionality is from Code Barrel add on. It is not in Jira Software.

Hi Sharon, 

Could you please provide steps how you created automation to sum the story points on Epic? Did you use Automation lite?

Hi Sunitha,

I no longer have access to the tool :-(. I think I did use Automation lite. As I recall, it was pretty easy to set it up.

Sharon,

Yes, I tried Automation lite but it didn't work because we already met 300 rules criteria with other rules. Thanks for your response though.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,412 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you