How get some parameters from a .vm to a java class?

François January 28, 2013

Hi,

I can passed from java to .vm but i don't how to do the inverse.

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

I'm not sure if this will suit your application, but when I have to send a value back to Confluence, I use a small JS wich post the information back to Confluence when I have a servlet waiting for the reply (my class extends ConfluenceActionSupport and implements ServletRequestAware). Here you have some code snippets:

• Javascript:
AJS.$(function() {
   AJS.$.post($var.attr("action"), { var1: "value1", var2: "value2" }, function(xmlresponse) {
   }
}

• Java:
public class MyClassAction extends ConfluenceActionSupport implements ServletRequestAware, PageAware {
    private String var1;
    private String var2;

public String execute() throws Exception {
    }
    public void setVar1(String value)
    {
        this.var1 = value;
    }
    public void setVar2(String value)
    {
        this.var2 = value;
    }
}

François January 28, 2013

Thanks i will try.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

Frake,

I think you need to clarify this: velocity templates are used to generate the HTML. Once it is generated, it is sent back to the client. End of story. To go back on the server side, you will need to make a HTTP request again (either by AJAX - like above - or by normal means, i.e. <form action="/secure/Blabla.jspa" method="post"> .... </form>

Like Jette und Patrick likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events