How does the custom field "Gantt-Chart" works

FrankOestreich December 10, 2014

Hi,

after installing the Gantt Chat plugin there is a custom field available called "Gantt Bar". From the field description I assume it presents the gantt bar from the gantt chart on my issue screen. If so, that would be very helpful for status tracking. However, the field seems not to work. I can´t enter a field value (actually the field isnt even shown in my edit mask). What do I have to do to mark that field work in the intended way?

Kind regards

Frank

PS.: We use the latest version of the plugin 

2 answers

0 votes
FrankOestreich December 10, 2014

Thanks for the fast response. Yes, I am located in Frankfurt. How can I contact you?

You can send me your contact details via email at frank.oestreich@hauck-aufhaeuser.de too.

kind regards

Frank

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2014

That customfield has been introduced by Gantt-Chart v2.x to display a Gantt-Chart integrated within JIRA's Issue Navigator (search result). Based on the Atlassian changes (various views like detail view and list view), that functionality does no longer work: to indicate that, a "n.a" (not applicable) is displayed as column content. Instead, you have an additional project tab panel "Gantt-Chart" to display that information with a lot of user configurable look & feel.

Per issue, I recommend to put the customfields "planned start", "planned end", "baseline start", "baseline end" and "Gantt Options" on the edit- and view-screen. If you modify them, any Gantt chart will be displayed accordingly if you have enabled re-scheduling.

Kind regards,
Frank

PS.: if you are located within Germany/Europe, we can have phone talk to clarify that or other questions shortly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events