How do you update JIRA Toolkit from version 0.25 to 0.34.2 on JIRA 5.0.7?

Danny Hendargo February 28, 2013

We have JIRA 5.0.7 instance with JIRA Toolkit 0.25 installed. Newer version 0.34.2 is available today (February 28, 2013). I cannot update it using the newest UPM. Error message:

"The add-on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.toolkit/version/134 is not a deployable add-on. It must be manually installed/updated."

It cannot be installed manually either by uploading the .jar file nor by placing the .jar file in the plugins/installed-plugins directory. It can, but it will be disabled by JIRA rendering it useless.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SheraliA March 3, 2013

Hi all,

This plugin still contains an old style plugin, AutoTransitionListener, that can not be dynamically reloaded. Therefore to install it, you need to:

• download the JAR
  • shutdown your instance of JIRA
  • replace your current JAR file under JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins/
  • restart JIRA
  • I am sorry about this inconvenience.

Meanwhile I am looking into the issue around the custom field type reporter by Normann.

cheers,

sherali

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

Hi,

According to a customer, the new field "'Last comment date'", is not sorted correctly - see

http://www.mos-eisley.dk/download/attachments/29425672/image001.png

SheraliA March 3, 2013

Indeed you are right. Now tracking it here: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JTOOL-174

I am going to look into it ASAP.

SheraliA March 5, 2013

Fixed it. The new release should help with the sorting, mate.

Danny Hendargo March 11, 2013

Sherali,

Thank you for the fixes.

FYI, I downloaded the plugin version 0.34.3 and instead of shutting down my JIRA instance, I uploaded the new version. The log file said it's disabled, but the plugin seems ok on the Manage Add-on page.

It seems that installing version 0.34.3 does not require a JIRA restart. Please confirm whether this is correct.

SheraliA March 11, 2013

Hi Danny,

Do you use AutoTransitionListener? That's the only component that is not dynamically reloadable.

If you don't - then I do not see any particular reasons why you could not just dynamically upload the plugin. Should work.

Let me know if I can help further.

cheers,

sherali

Ioannis OIKONOMOU March 12, 2013

Yes, it's ok now with version 0.34.3.

Many thanks,

Ioannis

0 votes
SheraliA March 3, 2013

Hi all,

This plugin still contains an old style plugin, AutoTransitionListener, that can not be dynamically reloaded. Therefore to install it, you need to:

• download the JAR
  • shutdown your instance of JIRA
  • replace your current JAR file under JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins/
  • restart JIRA

I am sorry about this inconvenience.

Meanwhile I am looking into the issue around the custom field type reporter by Normann.

cheers,

sherali

0 votes
Danny Hendargo March 1, 2013

Marcus and ChungPark,

Thank you for your responses.

I can install by uploading the downloaded plugin file. However, the plugin is disabled and this error message is displayed:

This add-on could not be loaded. It has one or more errors which prevent it from being enabled. Please refer to the logs for more information.

From atlassian-jira. log:

JIRA Toolkit Plugin : com.atlassian.jira.toolkit
Version : 0.34.2
Unloadable Reason : There was a problem loading the descriptor for module 'Last comment date time searcher' in plugin 'JIRA Toolkit Plugin'.
Error retrieving dependency of class: com.atlassian.jira.toolkit.customfield.searchers.LastCommentDateSearcher. Missing class: com/atlassian/jira/issue/customfields/NaturallyOrderedCustomFieldSearcher

Thanks,

-Danny

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

I also have an issue with the field type:

Filter:

resolution = Unresolved AND assignee = currentUser() AND status in (Open, "In Progress", Reopened, "Awaiting Approval", Approved, Rejected, "Waiting for Authorization", "Waiting for CAB Meeting", Authorized, Deployed, "Waiting for Rollback", Verified, "Rolled Back", "Waiting for Rollback Verification", "Waiting for Reviewer Authorization", "Waiting for Change Manager Authorization", "Waiting for Completion", "Under Investigation", "Under Resolution") ORDER BY cf[10020] ASC, priority DESC, created ASC

My filters including the field type says:

The selected filter has an error: Not able to sort using field cf[10020]

Unfortunately, I cant create a ticket at https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JTOOL ...

SheraliA March 3, 2013

Hi all,

The custom field you are using (Days since last Comment) has caused extreme performance degradations to a point of grinding the instance to a halt, causing out of memory exceptions and instance crashing:

It has been released in v 0.26 of the plugin.

Instead of the old field (Days since last comment) we recommend switching to the new field type 'Last comment date'. It fixed the performance issues of the old field type.

cheers,

sherali

SheraliA March 3, 2013

I updated the release noted for v 0.34.2 to reflect the changes.

Ioannis OIKONOMOU March 4, 2013

Dear Sherali,

I have exactly the same problem as Danny above.
I believe the reason for the missing class "NaturallyOrderedCustomFieldSearcher" is that this class was introduced for the first time in JIRA 5.2 (or maybe 5.1; I'm not sure), but for sure it was NOT available in JIRA 5.0.x (I'm using 5.0.6), hence the error.
Can you please confirm?

Thanks,
Ioannis

SheraliA March 11, 2013

Hi Ioannis,

I release the version 0.34.3 of the plugin that should fix this issue. Please let me know how you go with it.

cheers,

sherali

Ioannis OIKONOMOU March 12, 2013

Yes, it's ok now with version 0.34.3.

Many thanks,

Ioannis

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2013

Hi Danny,

I just had the same problem trying to download using UPM, but I managed to successfully install downloading the JAR file and uploading the plugin.

Cheers,

Marcus

0 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2013

Perhaps you can try uninstall the existing plugin in your instance before uploading the new version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events