How do you install an plugin with OBR file on Windows?

Lisa Evans October 21, 2013

I'm attempting to install the evaluation version of Tempo Planner on my JIRA Windows instance. I'm getting this error:

Could not find a handler capable of installing the add-on at http://www.tempoplugin.com/file/tempo-planner/release/tempo-planner-1.0-M13.42.4_JIRA_6.0_NOT_FOR_PRODUCTION_ENVIRONMENT.obr. Check that the file is a valid add-on.

Does anyone have instructions on how to install OBR file plugins on Windows?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lisa Evans October 22, 2013

I updated Tempo to 7.7.1.2 and the OBR file install worked this time.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013

This incompatibility concerns all versions of Timesheets that have been released until now. We are working on the syncronization of these two plugins and can hopefully release an early access version of Tempo 7.8 on the before mentioned wiki page at the end of this month.

You could start by taking a look at Tempo Planner alone and then add the new version af Tempo when it is in early access.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013

Hi Gary,

we hope to resolve this compatibility problem later this month /early November. You will update this on our wiki page https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/JTS/Tempo+Evaluation+Data . There you can also find an evaluation database to use with Tempo Planner.

Regards,

Susanne

Lisa Evans October 22, 2013

Susanne,

The error message I received was from installing the plugin just as you instructed.

We have tempo timesheets 7.7.1 installed. The latest version is 7.7.1.2

Can you confirm whether this is the "latest version" compatibility issue or something else?

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2013

What is maybe not clear from the docs but should is that you can not run Timesheets 7.7 or older with the Planner EAP.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2013

Hi Lisa,

you need to install the .obr file manually. To do this, go to Administration -> Add-ons -> Manage add ons. On this page is a link marked "Upload add-on. Here you can upload the file. Please not that you do not need a license key for this add-on as it is still in beta.

Best regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Gary Hodgson October 22, 2013

Hi Susanne, I had the same problem as Lisa I believe - and I added the add-on manually, as you describe, and that is when the error message occurs.

I suspect it has something to do with the warning on the document page saying Tempo Planner has problems with the latest version of Tempo. Can you give any indication whether and when this will be resolved?

Thanks,

Gary

Antony Raja August 3, 2018

Hi, Is there any possibilities to install this in ubuntu?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events