How do we delete/rollback an addon version fron Jira marketplace

Aniket Thakur December 20, 2017

I have create an app in Atlassian marketplace. Now I am adding a new version using create version.  Now if for some reason I find that this particular version is buggy how do I rollback?

1. How to remove this new version completely?

2. How to set an old stable version as current default?

I am in "Manage Vendor Account" but I dont see any options to delete or disable a plugin version.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Aniket,

There is an article titled Upgrading and versioning cloud apps that may help:

We automatically detect updates to Atlassian Connect apps with a polling service. We poll the app descriptor URL that you included when you submitted your listing every minute. When we detect a change, we automatically update your app in the Atlassian Marketplace with a new version. The way we increment your version number depends on the changes made to your descriptor. 

We poll and update your app so that you can easily release fixes and new features, without having to manually create new version entries on Marketplace. We want to ensure that customers get the latest version of your app with as little delay as possible — Connect apps should seem like web services, not versioned software. 

There is a lot more information regarding versioning in the Upgrading and versioning cloud apps knowledge base article.  Take a look at it and let us know if that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Aniket Thakur December 27, 2017

Thanks Branden for the useful links. So to summarize for rollback from Vendor side we need to publish a new version with old code base and add it to marketplace and the polling mechanism will take care of updating it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events