How do Project Variables work with JSU (Jira Suite Utilities) ?

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2017

Hi,

I cannot find any clear information on how do Project Variables work. As far as I understand with JSU I can create a linked issue in another project, and with the project variables I can select which project each time. 

I configured the project variables and the post-function but it does not let me choose a project. Do I need to create a screen?

3 answers

1 vote
Ali Alnakeab September 15, 2018

After struggling with this myself, i concluded the following,

ProjectVariables are used to make the Flow dynamic so you can have multiple projects using this flow and each project create a linked issues for a certain project that is defined in that project, but you cant have dynamic target project selected for one project using this.

Hope this clarifies the situation, and how it would be great to have the other way around

0 votes
Stan D_lonce July 20, 2020

Is there a way to get these project variables through REST APIs?

0 votes
Rafael Corredor March 25, 2018

Hi,

I  hope it clarifies it how to use them:

Target Project

Target Project can be either set to one specific project, or allows more flexibility with the option ' > Project Variables < '.

If you use the workflow with the 'Create a Linked Issue' post function in several JIRA projects, you might choose  ' > Project Variables < '. You then can configure in each of those JIRA project a different target project for the newly created issues. For more about project variables see Project Variables.

The format for those project variables is as follows:

?

createLinkedIssueTargetProjectKey.<Workflow Name>.<Workflow Transition Nummer>=<Projekt Key>

Workflow Name and Workflow Transition Number are optional.

Example

From project A, you might create new linked issues in project X. But from project B, you might create new linked issues in project Y. But both use the same workflow.

Project Variable in project A: createLinkedIssueTargetProjectKey=X
Project Variable in project B: createLinkedIssueTargetProjectKey=Y

----

It is an extract from https://confluence-apps.beecom.ch/display/JSU/Create+a+Linked+Issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events