How do I transition an issue when a customer comments using Automation for JIRA?

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2016

I'd like to re-open my issues when users in a certain group (e.g. customers) comment on them.  How can I set this up with Automation for JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2016

This is a fairly popular request as well, so we included a pre-defined template called "Re-open on comment" to make this as easy as possible.  Once created your rule will look like this:

Project automation - Code Barrel JIRA 2016-09-20 11-33-48.png

This is quite a complex rule. It consists of 4 different components:

• The "Issue commented" trigger, so that this rule runs as soon as a comment is received
  • A "Compare" condition to check that the issue is already in the "Done" status
  • A "User condition" to check that the person who triggered the event (the initiator) is a member of the customers group. You will probably want to modify this to check for the right group in your instance
  • Finally a "Transition issue" action that moves the issue back to "In Progress" only if both the previous conditions are true.

You could also add another action to add a comment to the issue to let the customer know that someone will respond to their query soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events