How do I transition an issue when a customer comments using Automation for JIRA?

Andreas Knecht Community Champion Sep 19, 2016

I'd like to re-open my issues when users in a certain group (e.g. customers) comment on them.  How can I set this up with Automation for JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Andreas Knecht Community Champion Sep 19, 2016

This is a fairly popular request as well, so we included a pre-defined template called "Re-open on comment" to make this as easy as possible.  Once created your rule will look like this:

Project automation - Code Barrel JIRA 2016-09-20 11-33-48.png

This is quite a complex rule. It consists of 4 different components:

• The "Issue commented" trigger, so that this rule runs as soon as a comment is received
  • A "Compare" condition to check that the issue is already in the "Done" status
  • A "User condition" to check that the person who triggered the event (the initiator) is a member of the customers group. You will probably want to modify this to check for the right group in your instance
  • Finally a "Transition issue" action that moves the issue back to "In Progress" only if both the previous conditions are true.

You could also add another action to add a comment to the issue to let the customer know that someone will respond to their query soon.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 25, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud Integration with Microsoft Teams

One of the newest products in the Microsoft family - Microsoft Teams,  is a chat-based hub for teamwork that integrates all the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and ...

720 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you