How do I switch from SVN to Git without FishEye

Richard Kiefer September 11, 2017

Hi there,

we are going to use JIRA Software plus the "Subversion ALM" add-on as an svn connector. Also, we would like to switch from svn to git somewhen in the future, using the "Git Integration for JIRA" add-on as a git connector.

Can those two plugins co-exist?

If we want to keep the svn commit messages attached to the issues, do we have to keep the Subversion ALM plugin running? Do we need to purchase new versions every once we update our JIRA Software instance?

A different approach that comes to my mind: if we migrate from svn to git, we migrate the version history and all its commit messages too. Does "Git Integration for JIRA" import commit-messages mentioning issue numbers? Or does it only register such smart commits when new commits are made?

Could not find any answers to that topic. Thank you so much.

1 answer

0 votes
Richard Kiefer September 14, 2017

The "Git Integration for JIRA" support gave me the following info: smart commits can be disabled when first registering a git repository. Then, the commit history is indexed and issues are linked. After that, smart commits can be enabled to allow issue transitions via keywords in commit messages to come.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events