How do I stop a run away addon installation?

I was updating the EazyBI JIRA Reports and Charts Plugin to the latest (despite not having acquired a trial license yet). The installation started as usual but won't complete. I've seen this previosuly, but refreshing the page had always cleared it up. In this case though every time I it the Add-On Admin page, the installation pop-up is still there, never ends, and blocks me from using anything else on that page. How do I get the add-on upgrade to either complete or stop?

7 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

This was the answer that cleared the problem right up for me: To successfully get the plugin to complete its installation, I would recommend you clear your plugin cache. To do this, while JIRA is off, access your JIRA Home folder. From there, access the 'Plugins' folder. Delete the '.osgi-plugins' and the '.bundled-plugins' folders. Not to worry, these 2 folders will be rebuilt when JIRA starts. Then you should try to upgrade the plugin and see if it updates successfully.

Worse yet, I've just noticed that the EazyBI top-level menu has replaced the Tests top-level menu from Zephyr for JIRA - and now I have no access to that plugin. HELP!

Pleases sent JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file and last logs/localhost.*.log file from JIRA installation direcotry to: support@eazybi.comPlease send screenshot with replaced topmenus, too.

same trouble here mate, how can i stop those installation

This was the answer that cleared the problem right up for me: To successfully get the plugin to complete its installation, I would recommend you clear your plugin cache. To do this, while JIRA is off, access your JIRA Home folder. From there, access the 'Plugins' folder. Delete the '.osgi-plugins' and the '.bundled-plugins' folders. Not to worry, these 2 folders will be rebuilt when JIRA starts. Then you should try to upgrade the plugin and see if it updates successfully.

Thanks mate, this one works for us. You're a chanmpion!

Thanks Justin, your answer works for me. Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

536 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you