How do I setup the JIRA Jabber Listener

Bhavik Tanna February 19, 2013

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup IM notifications for when issues are assigned to people in JIRA. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of JIRA-Jabber-Notifier-Listener, but I cant seem to find any documentation on how to configure the listener.

So I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the direction of some setup guide that I could follow.

I am using openfire as my jabber server, and PSI as the client, this has all been setup and Instant Messaging can be done between the team so the final step is to essentially set JIRA up as another user to be able to send instant messages when tasks are assigned to a certian user.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bhavik

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tyler Fitch March 5, 2013

I spent way to much time finding this link to the Wiki for the JJABBER project. But it is the missing to key to configuring the plugin.

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JJABBER/JIRA+Jabber+Listener

Alas - upon using it I found the plugin displays the password for the Jabber user which is not at all usable, so I'm uninstalling it and filing an enhancement request to improve that security issue.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

This URL is not available anymore and Atlassian "forgot" to share the source code. It seems that this could hurt the business, so it just vanished :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events