How do I set default values for system fields with Automation for JIRA?

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2016

I would like to set some fields to certain values after creating an issue with Automation for JIRA. How do I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2016

You can use the "System field defaults" built in template to create the new rule.  This will create a new rule that triggers when a new issue is created, and edit the newly created issue:

Project automation - Code Barrel JIRA 2016-09-20 11-04-23.png

It shows an example, of how to change the description, assignee and labels (using advanced fields).  With advanced fields you can set any field on the issue to any available value.

There's also a "Create sub-tasks" action in the list of available components if you want to create sub-tasks for the new issue.

Stephen Schaff October 1, 2018

Does this work in the create screen?  As the user is entering the values?  Or just after they save the new issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events