How do I set a Checklist as a Validator for a workflow transition? (or make it a mandatory 'field')?

Derek Winter August 24, 2017

I have version 1.0.2-AC of Checklist for JIRA installed but although the documentation says that Checklist ships with a Workflow Validator (https://okapya.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHK/pages/15958022/Validating+a+Checklist) I can't find a way to set up a validator on a workflow transition.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

(It's the cloud version of Jira and Checklist)

1 answer

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 25, 2017

Hi Derek,

You are using the server version documentation. You can find the cloud documentation here.

The Atlassian Cloud platform doesn't allow add-ons to create workflow validators. What add-ons usually do is to create a native customfield (e.g. Text) and add a native workflow validator (e.g. field required). This provides a very basic way of stopping a transition but we cannot do better until Atlassian supports that feature.

That being said, Checklist is at it's initial release and it currently doesn't support any type of validatation mechanism. However, we are improving the add-on and will be over the next few weeks as well. This feature is in our backlog.

John Derringer September 14, 2017

We are having the same issue. Please update this thread when the feature is available for Jira Cloud. I don't know about others, but this is a deal breaker for us. 

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 14, 2017

Hi John,

It should be available in just a few days. The next release will have a workflow validation mechanism.

Cheers 

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
September 17, 2017

John, Derek,

We have just released a new version where the workflow validation is available.

Cheers

John Derringer September 20, 2017

Thanks!

Just implemented it and it's working. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events