How do I set a Checklist as a Validator for a workflow transition? (or make it a mandatory 'field')?

I have version 1.0.2-AC of Checklist for JIRA installed but although the documentation says that Checklist ships with a Workflow Validator (https://okapya.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHK/pages/15958022/Validating+a+Checklist) I can't find a way to set up a validator on a workflow transition.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

(It's the cloud version of Jira and Checklist)

1 answer

Hi Derek,

You are using the server version documentation. You can find the cloud documentation here.

The Atlassian Cloud platform doesn't allow add-ons to create workflow validators. What add-ons usually do is to create a native customfield (e.g. Text) and add a native workflow validator (e.g. field required). This provides a very basic way of stopping a transition but we cannot do better until Atlassian supports that feature.

That being said, Checklist is at it's initial release and it currently doesn't support any type of validatation mechanism. However, we are improving the add-on and will be over the next few weeks as well. This feature is in our backlog.

We are having the same issue. Please update this thread when the feature is available for Jira Cloud. I don't know about others, but this is a deal breaker for us. 

Hi John,

It should be available in just a few days. The next release will have a workflow validation mechanism.

Cheers 

John, Derek,

We have just released a new version where the workflow validation is available.

Cheers

Thanks!

Just implemented it and it's working. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

3,678 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you