How do I set JEMH up to create separate issue types for separate projects based on the sender's domain (or email subject)?

B. Nana October 15, 2012

I'm trying to set JEMH up with a single inbound mailbox. I want to set up a default project and issue mapping, which I've done and appears to work mostly ok. However, the problem I'm having is plugging through the rather exhaustive interface to figure out how and where to create custom paths for emails with specified sender and/or subject patterns. So basically I want most emails to go through to the default, but specific emails must go to a different project or to a different issue type, with some other custom-filled fields.

Any help with this would be appreciated - JEMH looks useful, but isn't very friendly, and the documentation doesn't cover my use case, as far as I can tell. If we can get this running we'll likely license the plugin - I'm currently trialling it for this purpose.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Hi there,

To do this, you would set a Fallback project, where everything will go, and from within the Project section, create a Project Mapping (identifying the project), once created you can then add a Domain Mapping, which is where the email address comes in.

JEMH can do select routing of emails to specific projects based on domain, it does this through Project Mappings, which can be based on either the sender email address or the recipient address. You can for that specific mapping, customize a range of fields, including issue type and priority. You may also set one user defined custom field with a user defined value.

Please find a How Do I... Use Project Mapping tutorial on the wiki.

Currently, Custom Field Default values can be set but they are global, Im still playing catchup developing UI support for pre-existing features, in the future, such defaults will be customizable on a per-project basis.
If you run into any config issues or find a must have feature missing, do drop me a line, its what Im here for!

Currently, issues are at JEMH Jira.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

any update?

B. Nana October 23, 2012

Hey Andy - thanks for the response, took me a while to get back to sorting this out but it looks to be working perfectly. It would probably also be useful for me to route by subject, but that's not a priority for me at the moment. I'll continue to play with it - but so far I'm quite happy with the results!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events