How do I run a Tempo Project Report?

Tom Oliphant January 6, 2015

When in Tempo TImesheets, I want to run a Project report. I can see the project I am interested in, but it is not showing the hours worked for any of the team members. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

7 answers

2 votes
Björn Brynjar Jónsson January 7, 2015

To help you with getting the Project report working..

In Timesheets 7.10.3 the Approve Timesheet permission gives you access to your team members timesheets.

In order for you to see the Project Timesheet, Report and List views you need to be in the Tempo Project Manager role for the Project in question.

The fact you only see your own worklogs indicates you are not in the Tempo Project Manager Role for the project you are looking at.  Notice the role is set per project.

So please double check you are in the Tempo Project Manager role for the project you want to view the report for wink

All the best

Björn Brynjar

0 votes
Björn Brynjar Jónsson January 7, 2015

Great you figured out what was causing this wink

Yes being as a Default Member in the Tempo Project Management role means all projects that are created after you were initially set as a default member - will have you in the Project Manager Role.  

However projects that where created before you where added as Default Member will not have you in the role unless you manually add yourself.  This is how JIRA handles adding Default Members.

In Timesheets 7.11 we are providing an easy way to make the Default Member roles apply to all existing projects.  I guess you will see Timesheets 7.11 soon on your instance.

Take care wink

Björn Brynjar 

0 votes
Tom Oliphant January 7, 2015

That took care of the problem. Thanks. I had previously set up a group I am in as a Default Member of the Tempo Project Manager Role. Does that not work in this case to give me rights to see the workloads for everyone on a project?

Tom

0 votes

Thanks for the response. My original question still hasn't been answered. I can see my workloads. I can see the timesheet of other users. Yet when I run a Project Report, I only see my time. I have timesheet approval rights and I am a Tempo Project Manager. So I don't know what additional rights I need to assign to myself.

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

Hi Tom

We deliver new versions of Tempo Timesheets for JIRA Cloud upgrade according to a schedule we have from Atlassian. For every delivery, we create a page in our wiki listing all changes since last delivered version. We also create an upgrade request in the Atlassian JRA project.  

The delivered versions are tested by Atlassian against the next JIRA Cloud versions and upgraded according to Atlassian upgrade schedule.
You can watch the Atlassian What´s New page for all upgrade notes.  

Please also watch our Timesheets Cloud Releases page for the latest delivered versions, as well as the status history for Tempo on JIRA Cloud upgrades.

Sverrir Tynes

Tempo QA and support manager

0 votes

Thanks for the response. I can see my workloads. I can see the timesheet of other users. Yet when I run a Project Report, I only see my time. I have timesheet approval rights and I am a Tempo Project Manager. So I don't know what additional rights I need to assign to myself. We are using Tempo 7.10.3 in the Cloud. When will the Cloud version be upgraded to 7.11?

0 votes
Björn Brynjar Jónsson January 6, 2015

Hi Tom,

If you have opened the Project Timesheet and see only your own worklogs or no worklogs at all most likely it is because you are missing permission to view project worklogs. Here is a page that describes what you need to do in order to View all Project Worklogs in question.

I guess you are using Timesheets 7.10.3 or earlier because in the latest release, Timesheets 7.11, users are informed of why they are not able to see worklogs/and what needs to be done in order to gain access. This is done so users can learn and find solutions on their own.

So check out the  Timesheets 7.11 release soon wink 

All the best

Björn Brynjar - Timesheets Product Owner 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events