How do I logically assign a subtask to a given person when it is generated by a rule?

Justin Czimskey December 14, 2016

I have a rule that automatically generates a subtask when an issue is transitioned to a given status. However, I have a matrix of assignees that this given subtask should be assigned to given a property of the parent status. For example, if the original issue has a field "Responsible Department" set to "IT", then assign the generated subtask to Person A, or if "Responsible Department" is set to "HR", then the subtask should be assigned to Person B. Is this possible?

As a test case for a single flow, my rule JQL looking at the status and the IT department field passes, the subtask is created, but the AND "Assign issue to" clause doesn't seem to set the assignee of the subtask to my specified user.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2016

Hi Justin,

I'm thinking of adding the ability to map values to the values which would make this pretty trivial. In the mean time you will need to do the following:

• Create the subtask
  • Add a "Related issues" action
    • Select to work on Sub-tasks
    • Check if the value of the field on the parent = "IT"
    • Set the assignee Person A
  • For each group you want to assign to repeat the above

It should look roughly like this:

image2016-12-15 11:35:16.png

You can check the value of the parent a few ways but the one i used is the quickest.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events