How do I get support for Form Mail for Confluence?

Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

The website and marketplace really do not give any clarity to the situation. Do I create an account? Where do I create an account? Do you not offer support for your products? The tutorial your website purports to explain the support process simply redirects to a JIRA login page, so not useful.

Anyway, I'm working with Form Mails for Confluence again – The Success HTML and the Success Macro seem to have zero effect; the page simply refreshes instead of displaying the Success Macro as the documentation implies it should work. I've inquired for help on this in the past and received no useful support on the matter. Can I please have an example of how the Success Macro is supposed to work?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

Steve, it seems you're using a very old version of Forms for Confluence. Could you please update to the latest version and try again?

Regards,

Rafael

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

I cannot just upgrade no – The site is running Confluence 5.4.4 and so I am currently limited.

Based on that response, the feature is broken in this release it seems, since it worked just fine before the upgrade to this version. Since this major revision moved my Form Mail configs to a new configuration area, I can't simply "downgrade" the add-on either.

For the record, all my Success Messages are broken when upgrading to this explicit version of Form Mails for Confluence.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

@Rafael Franco [Adaptavist] and @Divya Margani [Adaptavist], thanks for your extremely fast help. I will schedule an upgrade of the platform as I have the time.

Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

Awesome Steve. Let me know if you continue having problems after the upgrade and we'll look into it.

Have a good day,

Rafael

3 votes
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

Hi Steve,

My name is Rafael Franco and I'm the Tech Lead for the Product team here at Adaptavist. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with Forms for Confluence but I hope I can clarify it for you. 

Did you had a look at our documentation here: http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/F4C/Success+Message

Essentially one would add the Success Macro inside the Forms Macro and when submitting the form, the Success message will be the one specified in the Success Macro. You can also add images on the Success Macro.

Hope it clarifies, but if not, let me know and I'll try to explain again.

Regards,

Rafael

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

Thank you for the lighting fast response. It seemed like there was good responses here so I'm glad this works well for support.

Okay, so – I've read the documentation quite a few times, I am certain I understand the subject.

I've even replicated the documentation example – 

image2016-4-18 8:35:22.png

image2016-4-18 8:34:18.png

However, the page simply refreshes when submit is pressed. No message is displayed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events