How do I get access to Confluence Script Plugin source code?

Ralph Poellath August 9, 2012

Since the Confluence Script Plugin is BSD-licensed, I wonder if it's possible to get at the source code. The source code seems to be on BitBucket, but I cannot access it with my account.

What do I need to do to get access? Is it possible at all?

Background: I'm using the plugin for groovy scripting and would like to bundle some library jar files.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

The bitbucket project is no longer public, the next release will be a Atlassian paid plugin - see this announcement. Source for the existing BSD version is available via the source link (fixed) on the 3.4.0 release.

Library jar files can be referenced via classpath parameter. A future release will make this easier.

Ralph Poellath August 9, 2012

Thanks, Bob.

I can't say I'm happy with so many plugins going commercial, but I fully understand your reasoning.

As for the classpath parameter, could you please show me an example? I haven't seen it documented anywhere (otherwise I wouldn't even try to play with the source code).

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Updated Groovy Macro with an example. Documentation is weak and I will have more time to improve that over time. You can also add jars to your WEB-INF/lib if you want, but classpath is better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events