How do I fix FishEye (integrated with Jira) authentication after adding the application in Crowd ?

Eric Jutras June 15, 2012

(config.txt) Hi,

We are evaluating a Jira/Fisheye/Crowd setup, and I broke FishEye authentication while configuring the application link in Crowd.

So I had a FishEye integrated with Jira, with builtIn logins that was working correctly.

I setup Crowd, added an LDAP integration, and it works perfect with Jira.

So I went to try and hook FishEye to the LDAP directory, but when I added the Fisheye application in Crowd, it changed the config file (which I unfortunatly haven't backed up before doing so) and now I can't log into FishEye anymore.

I tried to change the admin password to admin as is documented on the net, but I still can't login.

I tried to log into Jira and access FishEye's configurations, but I could'nt find the basic configs to set the authentication method.

I attach my config.xml file, it is probably something in there that is the problem...

Can anyone help ?

8 answers

0 votes
Ruddy Alvarado August 7, 2012

Playing around with the URL for getting access to Fisheye Admin plus the way to reset the password using config.xml just SAVED my life!

Thank you!

0 votes
Eric Jutras June 18, 2012

I got in with the admin password change, and with that URL : http://<FISHEYE_HOST>:8060/admin/login-default.do

Looking at the crowd config with support now...

Oh, and I restarted the FE service after the config change, before trying to access the URL.

This was not asked by the support, but if your try doesn't work, you can do that, knowing I did...

0 votes
Mike Norton June 17, 2012

What if you tried also removing the <crowd> piece from your config, restarting and seeing if that lets you in?

Eric Jutras June 17, 2012

Support is on the case, I will a few before trying this...

I got in with the admin password change, and with that URL : http://<FISHEYE_HOST>:8060/admin/login-default.do

Looking at the crowd config with support now...

0 votes

Strange - when i go to my own installation /fisheye/admin/login.do I get the attached screen.

Here is what I get :

Sorry for the big size, lol...

Will be back after diner.

Thanks for your help !

0 votes
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2012

Have a look at

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/How+to+reset+the+Admin+password+in+Fisheye+or+Crucible

reset your local admin password and then resolve your crowd integration

"I tried to change the admin password to admin as is documented on the net, but I still can't login."

Did that already, local admin does not work, probably since config is set to use crowd...

Looks like a bug to me.

parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2012

the local admin does not rely on crowd at all, did you restart after you made that change?

try removing the hash completely including the attribute and restart

yourserver:port/fisheye/admin/login.do should be the url and should not ask for a user name

will allow you to set a new password give it a go

I just did, and it lets me change the password.

But once this is done, I have no link to go anywhere else in the application, so I change the adress to myserver:8060 and it prompts me for user/password. When I enter admin with the new pass, it says :

Password incorrect or unknown user

Eric, the "admin" user in FishEye isn't a normal user in the sense that there is a username/password. If you go to the URL that parthis sent you again it should ask for just a password. Put in the new password you had set and you'll be in the FishEye admin and can change/setup the Crowd connection there.

It does prompt me with a username/password, even with Parthis' URL...

0 votes

Jira 5.0.6

Crowd 2.4.2

Fecru 2.7.13

0 votes

I'm not sure there's enough information here to go on.

From within Crowd where you setup the FishEye application, which groups are allowed to authenticate? Have you used the Authentication Test tab to verify that the user works there?

It looks like your config you attached indicates that it's using the jira groups to identify the admins in Fisheye - should that change I wonder?

From the Crowd application, I tested the authentication, and yes it works from there, but I was never able to get in Fisheye afterward to configure it to know it must use Crowd.

Yes, I set it to use those Jira groups, should it change ?

I filed a support issue pointing to that question this morning, hope they can help me fix this.

Thanks a lot, I will check this config with mine.

So, here is what the <crowd> section of my config looks like:

&lt;crowd auto-add="true" resync="true" refreshExistingUsers="true" sso-enabled="true" resyncPeriod="1 hour"&gt;
&lt;crowd-properties&gt;#Sat Apr 28 15:19:01 EDT 2012
application.password=XXXXXXXXX
application.name=XXXXXXXXX
crowd.server.url=http\://localhost\:8095/crowd/services/
&lt;/crowd-properties&gt;
&lt;resyncGroupsList&gt;
&lt;group name="fisheye-crucible"/&gt;
&lt;group name="fisheye-crucible-admins"/&gt;
&lt;/resyncGroupsList&gt;
&lt;/crowd&gt;

That seems pretty close to what you have but maybe that will help a little. I'm sure Atlassian support will be able to help you solve the problem.

0 votes

No one can help ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events