How do I disable/enable the plugin for specific projects?

It would be great if there would be a way to disable or enable this plugin for only specific projects in our JIRA. Would this be possible? At the moment it seems that you can only enable or disable the plugin for all projects.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Tom,

at the moment, there is no functionality to enable/disable the wiki section for a particular project. We can consider it as a feature request in one of the upcoming releases. Given the way the UI is structured with the dropdown in the main JIRA header that allows browsing for all projects, it would take a fair bit of effort to support this in an intuitive way. 

Could you elaborate a bit more on your particular use-case, so we can better understand?

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your answer and my apologies for the late response.

Our use-case is simple: in our JIRA instance we have roughly two kinds of projects; Open source projects and client-related projects. For client-related projects we document information as URL and where to find the code, etc. For these projects the plugin is ideal since the number of people that have access are limited. 

For the open source projects basically everybody access (you need to register though). The technical documentation is done on an external site and the existence of a wiki could, theoretical, mean that documentation could be found here and cause (some) confusion. We have a workaround for now, but the most neat solution would be to disable the wiki functionality for these projects.

Kind regards,

Tom

I also have a similar problem. I need to enable a Test Management plugin for a project and another test management plugin for another project. If I Install a plugin it seems it will be available for all the projects, so 2 TM solutions will be available for all the projects. Is there any way to select which plugin is enabled for which project?

Thanks

Marco

We are facing the same problem whenever we want to test a plugin before rolling it out to the whole company.

We want to avoid creating confusion in development teams, and we want to ensure the plugin fulfills our needs and its worth the investment.

Hopefully administrators could go on each project and activate/deactivate plugins for specific projects. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

523 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you